Our organisation, the Nyíregyházi Turisztikai Nonprofit Kft. (Nyíregyháza Non-profit Touristic Ltd.) is responsible for collaboration between the touristic operators in the region: the owners and operators of the touristic attractions and services, local governments, civil society organisations, institutions, and businesses directly or indirectly associated with tourism.
Nyíregyházi Turisztikai Nonprofit Kft.
4400 Nyíregyháza, Kossuth tér 1.
+36 42 310-735
In our office we can provide tourists with up-to-date information, and we also assist the touristic service providers operating in the region and that have joined the TDM (Tourism Destination Management) organisation. We organise trainings and study-tours to our members, represent them at travel fairs, advertise them on our website, we provide them with access to professional materials, and give them professional advice so that they can successfully participate in tenders.
One of our main tasks is to collect the values and beauties of the Nyírség region and Nyíregyháza, and to compile destination packages and offers. It is a key task to market these, promote them in various newspapers, publications, on TV, radio, websites and billboards, in Hungary and in the surrounding countries as well.
4431 Nyíregyháza-Sóstógyógyfürdő, Sóstói út
+36 30 881-3315
Opening hours of the Tourinform office:
1st May – 14th June
Wednesday – Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
15th June – 31st August
Monday – Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
1st September – 30th September
Wednesday – Sunday: 10:00 – 18:00
The Tourinform Sóstógyógyfürdő office has been operated by Nyíregyházi Turisztikai Nonprofit Kft. since 2012. In 2021, instead of the former Water Tower, the Tourinform office moved opposite the entrance to the Sóstó Zoo. The choice of the new location was a conscious one, as the country’s most visited rural tourist attraction attracts many domestic and foreign guests, who can receive extensive information about the attractions of the city and the region.
It was also possible to purchase bicycles and electric scooters, so now they can be rented in Sóstógyógyfürdő to suit your needs. You can also buy souvenirs in the new office. Fridge magnets, postcards, as well as t-shirts, mugs, key chains and other items can be found.
The main scope of activities, tasks and competences of our organisation
In the field of providing information and liaising
- Meeting the touristic demand for Nyíregyháza and the Nyírség region, providing information, operation of an outdoor information system
- Receiving the incoming questions from tourists, informing those interested, sending touristic publications and handing these over to visitors, mediation of touristic services
- Receiving, examining and handling the complaints of visitors, if any
In the field of operational management
- Performing the administrational and operational tasks of the work organisation (TDMSZ administration, handling suppliers’ and subcontractors’ contracts)
- Carrying out managerial duties, and the tasks of assessment and control (e.g. preparing reports), operating an executive information system
- Annual planning and strategy-making (e.g. business plan, financial planning, planning of procurements and developments, preparing various strategies)
- Performing partnership and network management duties – liaising with key partners, decision makers, and clients
- Representation of interests, continuous professional cooperation with other professional organisations (such as the Ministry for National Economy, TDMSZ – Hungarian Federation for Tourism Destination Management), foreign partners etc.
In the field of the marketing of tourist destinations
- Market research, survey, data collection
- Preparation and coordination of touristic marketing publications
- Coordination and performance of promotions and campaigns within Hungary
- Participation in tourism fairs in Hungary and abroad
- Coordination and performance of promotions and campaigns abroad
- Reviewing and updating the contents of the touristic website, website operation and development, operation of social media page
- Mobile application development
In the field of other touristic tasks
- Ensuring cooperation between the organisations and businesses interested in tourism, creating an intellectual public life for tourism
- Forming a hospitality approach
- Compilation and marketing of touristic destination packages
- Collection of national values, ‘Hungarikums’
- Searching for development funds, tendering
Managing Director, TDM Manager
Front Office Manager
Senior Tendering Manager
Address: 4400 Nyíregyháza, Kossuth tér 1.